19 6 / 2013
We are happy to release Catch Team today. Many people use Catch at work and asked us to make Catch easier and more secure for team collaboration. So we added an easy way for a team leader to manage users and data in Catch.
With the web-based Admin Console, the owner of a Catch Team account can:
- Manage members: add and remove members, appoint admins, administer passwords and content ownership
- Manage company spaces: invite members to a collaboration space, remove members, and transfer space ownership
- Monitor usage: see space and storage usage of your team. Your spaces and storage are now combined at the team level so if you have 10 members in your team, you now have an aggregate of 2,000 spaces and 100 GB of total storage!
- Add licenses: purchase additional subscription licenses when new members join your team. Since you already have a Catch Team account, it just takes a few clicks to add licenses to your account and your team members won’t have to upgrade individually.
The other members of the team continue to use the same and easy to use Catch app on iOS, Android, and the web. They can capture ideas in text, pictures, and voice recordings, share meeting minutes and files, comment on other people’s notes, and get things done with collaborative checklists.
If you are a Catch Premier customer, a Catch Pro customer or a Free user, try Catch Team now by clicking here. It’s free for 28 days and you can choose between the $144/user/year option or the 5-user license special at $499/year (a 30 percent discount). We recommend the 5-license special to experience the full benefits of Catch Team for collaboration. You can add more licenses at any time. If you do not wish to continue with Catch Team after the 28-day free trial, you can cancel and all the accounts associated with your account will become independent free accounts. Your account itself will go back to the level it was at before the free trial.
Contact us if your company requires even more security, such as remote lock, remote wipe, encryption, micro VPN, or policy management. We have partnered with Samsung, Citrix, and other leading security / Mobile Device Management providers to meet the most stringent enterprise IT requirements.
We hope you enjoy Catch Team!
10 6 / 2013
We wanted to let you know that we have new versions out of our app in both the Google Play and the iTunes store. If you haven’t updated your app recently please do so!
Version 5.2.8 has new redesigned sign-in screens to help new users understand quickly what Catch is all about, and to make signing in easier than ever. A few bugs have been squashed as well.
You can update your app here: Google Play,
Version 5.2.5 now includes notification counts on the app icon, and has improved sync with faster image download.
You can update your app here: at Apple App Store
As always, thank you for helping us to make Catch even better!
22 5 / 2013
Many people use Catch at work to easily capture project ideas, meeting minutes, action items, and share them with their project team. They are bringing their own devices to work and using that device and Catch to be more productive. Here at Catch we recognize that this business data needs to be protected.
To make Catch even more secure for enterprise customers we are now a partner in the new Citrix Ready Worx Verified program, Citrix is a leader in data security and enterprise mobility management, and Catch is now Worx-enabled with embedded CitrixMDX Technologies that centralize IT configuration, management, security and control making Catch enterprise ready. With Catch now Worx-enabled, Citrix customers will be able to:
- use Catch with full data security
- enjoy a seamless user experience
- enable company IT policies, management and access controls
As a Citrix Ready Worx Verified partner our Catch app will soon be made available to over 250,000 existing Citrix enterprise customers and through more than 10,000 Citrix resellers in the Citrix Worx app gallery.
Catch is demoing Catch Notes Worx-enabled at the Citrix Synergy conference in Los Angeles May 22-24, 2013. Come see us in booth 711 of the Solutions Expo. To top it off, Catch was selected as a Finalist in the Mobility category for the Citrix Best of Synergy Awards 2013!
04 4 / 2013
I suspect a lot of you are like me: you need to take notes because you’re quite busy and will forget something if it is not written down. But, you’re really too busy to take notes.
Ouch. I feel your pain.
I’ve learned to cope and force myself to take better notes (using Catch, of course). Here are my top 5 tips for you to do the same.
1. Do standardize your notes in ONE place. I used to have several notebooks for different types of meetings, and then my notepad app on my phone, post it notes on my desk… #headdesk. It’s no surprise I couldn’t find anything. I force myself to use Catch and put everything there – even if sometimes I do have written notes from a brainstorming session or collaborative document, I get them uploaded ASAP.
2. Don’t be apologetic about using your phone. There’s something “classy” about a nice journal and pen, but if it doesn’t end up in my phone, I will probably forget to take action. Sometimes I notice people in meetings looking at me as if I’m flipping through Pinterest boards or liking cat photos on Facebook, so I let people know at the beginning of a meeting that I’m taking notes digitally so I can access them when I get home. Most people don’t have a problem with it, nor should they – you’re being more efficient. Nothing to apologize about. (But do be polite and ignore any notifications, and please, no using Facebook during a client meeting!)
3. Don’t overengineer your organizational system. Catch, like all the digital notetaking systems, offers a variety of ways to organize your notes. I’m not here to tell you what way is best, because I am not you. But I suspect that if you are having trouble getting organized, you’re overengineering it. Keep it simple – you can always add more complexity later on, when you’ve actually got a lot of notes in there. You don’t have to use all the features available, because you can simply search when you are looking for something. I do suggest trying to pick a handful of standardized hashtags to use in catch, which does make searching easier, and is a minimalist way to get started organizing.
4. When in a real hurry, cheat by using voice memos and photos. Don’t have time to type on the go? Leave yourself a voice message and type it in later. Take pictures of important slides in presentations, copies of someone’s address/phone number. Be sure to use clear descriptions as to what it is, otherwise you’ve missed the point, but this can be a timesaver and also perhaps useful when you come back for your action items to remember the details of what was discussed.
5. Mark your calendar for a regular note check-in/check-up. I make it a point on Sunday evenings to clear my desk for the new week. It helps keep my head clear. I also make it a point to check my notes and make sure there isn’t something that needs a deadline set to it, or perhaps just an errant note that should have been forwarded on to my assistant or a business partner. Put it on your calendar to do this so it will only take 15 minutes to tidy up everything on a regular basis, instead of waiting until you miss a deadline.
Author: Andy Hayes
Andy Hayes is a creative web producer based in sunny Portland, Oregon. With over 15 years of experience, he is an expert on website critiques as well as the founder of the lifestyle magazine Plum Deluxe. Connect with him on Twitter, @andrewghayes.
Guest post: We let our users share great tips, contact us if you are interested!
28 2 / 2013
Spaces. Collections of ideas, journals, emerging projects. Everyone finds their own uses for these handy folder-type features in Catch.
Today we’re excited to announce some new features that will help you add spaces just when you need them. And now you can organize them on the fly with simple drag and drop.
Catch still offers 5 free Spaces but what if you want more than that? Now, whether you only need one additional space or a few, you can buy just the number you want with a single purchase right on your smartphone*, iPad*, or mid-sized Android tablet**. It’s just $.99 for one space, or save 25% and purchase a 4-pack for $2.99.
You can also refer friends right from your mobile device and add more spaces that way.
And we heard you about sorting those spaces! Just press the space you want to move, hold until it pops up, and drag it to its new position. Your newly sorted order will immediately sync across your other devices and the web, or if you’re working offline, the next time you’re online. Learn more here.
Of course you still have the option of subscribing and jumping right to 50, or even 200 spaces. Whatever works best for you!
* iPhone and iPad versions available soon. Watch for the next update!
** Works on 7” Android tablets only.
14 1 / 2013
It’s January 15. How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolutions?
Every January rolls around full of promise for new beginnings, and we resolve that this will be the year we make that big change.
And therein lies the challenge. Most New Year’s resolutions are about major life changes, which can be exciting and invigorating, but are often difficult to put into practice. Research shows that only about 8% of us are successful meeting our goals. When it comes down to it, most of us aren’t all that comfortable with change. So the question we asked ourselves is whether Catch could help improve the odds.
We started with the list of the most common resolutions, compiled by Megan Willett at Business Insider, and imagined how we would use Catch to help get closer to success on at least some of them.
- Lose weight/get in shape.The biggest challenge with trying to lose weight is staying motivated to eat better and exercise consistently. We agreed that the best motivator is a supporting network of friends and family who can cheer you on when it gets hard and celebrate with you when you see results. So create a space and share it with your trusted support network. Track your progress, report on your activities, and enjoy the feedback from their comments. Even better, attach photos to share your favorite running spot or that new pair of jeans you can now show-off.
- Get a new job.Unless you know exactly what you’re looking for, it might take a while to find the right company, the right position. In the meantime, look for inspiration around you. Research opportunities, save articles, talk with people about the best places to work. Track all this information in your Job Search space. Use hashtags for following different types of positions or different companies.
- Talk to your mom more.Staying in touch with family and faraway friends is really important, and sometimes you need to schedule time for your priorities. Catch Reminders help you do that.
- Get organized.The best way to get more organized is to find a simple framework for managing your life. You can use Catch to set up a space for each of the primary areas of your life, such as work, travel, family. Start collecting ideas, inspirations, and to-dos in the appropriate space. Share them with others when you’re ready or need some help. You can also use hashtags here for a deeper level of organization. For example, in your Travel space start thinking about your next vacation and save information about hotels, attractions you want to see, packing lists, itineraries and so on.
- Read more. But what to read? Be ready when you have time. Capture the URLs of the lists of best books of the year, or best seller lists. We often record interviews with authors from the radio or connect to You Tube videos, and save them in Catch along with information about the book in a space just for keeping track of books, films and music.
- Give up a bad habit. Start a new one to take its place. Use Catch to keep track of the things that help you stay committed to your new habit (see #1). For example, give up smoking while you track the progress you make toward running a race.
- Learn something new. Catch is a great place to help you learn something new. Create a space and gather information about your new hobby or interest — articles, vocabulary, reading lists, lectures. Each new note adds more context as you become increasingly knowledgeable, and you can share your information with classmates and other learners as you all tackle this new subject together.
Change is hard, but with the right tools and some perseverance you can beat the odds.
02 1 / 2013
It was a great year!
For us the year began at the end of 2011, with the launch of spaces (initially called “streams”). From a collection of single private notes, Catch blossomed into a tool for gathering inspiration and sharing it among a group of contributors.
Then in August Catch came alive with color, added checklists and made it easier than ever to capture ideas whenever and wherever they strike. The year ended on a high note when Catch was named one of 2012’s best productivity apps.
All of this was made possible by you, the people who use Catch to track and manage life’s insights. Thank you for your support and your enthusiasm. To those of you who have been with Catch since the beginning in 2010, we appreciate your loyalty. And if you’re new to Catch, welcome!
As we look ahead to 2013 we’d love to hear your stories about using Catch. These stories spark innovation and help us establish our vision for the next big thing.
From all of us, wishing all of you a creative and inspirational 2013.
19 12 / 2012
Up until now if you wanted more spaces, you had to visit the Catch.com website. There you can upgrade your free Catch account to a Pro or Premier level subscription.
Starting today you’ll be able to upgrade your account right on your Android smartphone directly from Google Play.
Subscription upgrades for iPhones will be available shortly (Apple is taking a look and we’ll release the update to iTunes App Store as soon as possible).
Upgrading from a free account to Catch Pro means you’ll immediately get 50 spaces, more content, and double the free referral rewards. Upgrade from Pro to Premier and instantly get 200 spaces: ideal for team collaboration.
To purchase a subscription on your Android phone just tap on Settings, and then on the upgrade link. Choose the plan that’s right for you and upgrade immediately in Google Play.
06 12 / 2012
You know a customer loves you (or just really, really needs a new feature) when he spends over a year freely writing and maintaining code to bring your app to a new platform and then gives it to you for official use. This is exactly what Pedro Araújo has done for Catch.
We’re pleased to announce the Catch Chrome Web Store app that Pedro created is now an official part of the Catch product family and will be maintained as such by our team.
The Catch Chrome Store app is a handy browser short cut (the Catch icon) that takes you from the main Google Chrome browser page directly into your notes at Catch.com.
To use the Catch Chrome Store app, simply:
- Open the "Chrome Web Store" and download the app. If you don’t already have the Chrome browser, you’ll be prompted to download it.
- Install the app and sign in to your Catch.com account. If you don’t have an account just create one. It’s free!
- After you’ve signed in once, you should be taken directly to your notes (bypassing the Catch.com sign-in each time).
For obvious reasons, we don’t recommend you do this on a computer you share with others, unless you don’t mind them potentially clicking the icon and seeing your notes.
07 11 / 2012
Bring friends, family members, and colleagues to Catch and we’ll give you a free reward space for each person who joins. Use the spaces for your own note-taking, or invite others to collaborate. It’s our way of saying thank you. Invite a friend now »
For more information on how the referral program works, please visit our knowledge base.